~My little shop of creations inspired and crafted from the fleeces of my flock of spotted sheep. ~
To view all items for sale in my Spotted Sheep Shop, simply scroll down. If you have questions regarding any of these items please leave me a question in the comments or e-mail me ~ jkcedarpond@fairpoint.net

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Puyallup Fair Yarn~ 2 Ply HandSpun

I call this my "Puyallup Fair " yarn because I spun it up while exhibiting my Jacob Sheep at the Western Washington State Fair.
Click onto any picture to view close-up. This yarn is the spun wool fleece of my ram, Goth. He is a 4 horned Jacob Sheep Ram*. You can view pictures of him and some of my other sheep by clicking onto the asterisk.
There is a lot of wool in this skein, 9 5/8 ounces and more than 260 yards. The yarn is about 10 to 12 wraps per inch. Goth's wool yarn is perfect for making hats, socks, mittens. I find this is a good wool yarn for weaving durable table runners and scarves too. The gray yarn is perfect for over-dying too, giving a rich multi-hued color to this naturally variegated hand-spun.

Puyallup Fair Yarn :$21.50 To purchase click here *.
Sold, Thank-you Anita!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Jacob yarn! I LOVE your little sheepies, too. Thanks for stopping by my FarmGirl Arts blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Kathy. I really love the work that you do. It is always nice to hear from you.
    Have a blessed week! ~*~Wendy~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely blog. I am so happy you have commented on mine to see your little world of seep chickens and the wool related craft you do is just wonderful and it was so nice to see what your up to thank you for sharing

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for viewing my shop~ If you have any questions regarding the items for sale post them here and I will gladly get back to you!